How to enter
For rules of entry, please read our Terms and Conditions below.
Young Photographer – under 12 years
Young Photographer – 12-18 years
Adult – 18+ years
1. Seascape over Time
2. Revealing Hidden Heritage
3. Accessing the Sea
4. Coastal Champions
Terms and Conditions
By entering the SeaScapes Partnership Photography Competition 2018, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
Entering the competition
- The organiser of the competition is SeaScapes Partnership. The competition is not open to SeaScapes Partnership board members.
- The competition is free of charge and open to all amateur photographers. It is not open to professional photographers (where photography is a primary occupation).
- Entrants under the age of 16 years must have consent from a parent or guardian to enter.
- Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only one image per category may be entered per person.
- Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s full name, category and age group in the title of the message.
- Entrants must also supply their full name, postal address and telephone number.
- Photographers must ensure that they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian). SeaScapes Partnership is not responsible for seeking this permission.
- Closing date for entry is 31st October 2018 (Midnight).
- The organiser cannot be held responsible for any uploading problems.
- We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- Image files must be submitted as high resolution files of over 300 DPI (2MB or above).
- All images must have been taken within the SeaScapes Partnership project area (please refer to location map at end of Terms and Conditions).
- All images must have been taken between 10th July and 31st October 2018 inclusive.
- All images must be labelled with where and when the photograph was taken and a brief description (if required). For example, Roker Pier, 15th July, looking out to sea.
- Images must include the name of the photographer in the file name.
- Images must be entered into one of the four categories. No image can be entered into more than one category.
- The welfare of the subject is most important. Photographers must take all reasonable care not to disturb wildlife and the local environment in pursuit of images. Please stay on paths or within designated areas.
- Faithful representation of the subject must be maintained. Minor digital adjustments are only accepted if limited to cleaning (removing dust spots), levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Sharpening and minimal cropping is allowed.
- Images must not include any watermark, signature or professional logo.
- It is the photographer’s responsibility to be aware of, and comply with, the national or international legislation (e.g. in the case of protected species) governing the country in which their images are taken.
Judging and Prizes
- Judges will be appointed by the organiser and will select winning images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity. Judging will be anonymous.
- The organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- The organiser reserves the right to substitute prizes. No alternative, cash or otherwise, will be given for any prizes.
Use of photographs
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered. You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and always be credited alongside your photograph.
- By entering your images into the competition, you grant permission to SeaScapes Partnership to reproduce the images for judging the competition, display of the exhibition at a chosen location(s) and other marketing purposes.
- All images entered into the competition may be freely used by SeaScapes Partnership in any future fundraising and marketing materials (printed and online). All images will be credited to the photographer and will not be passed on for use by third parties without prior permission.
- Media and press will be allowed to use winning photographs free of charge for purposes connected with the competition. The organiser will insist that images are credited to the photographer but cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions.
Use of Personal Data
SeaScapes Partnership Project Area